Threats, Dead Cat for Pro-Gay Pol.
BY Michelle Garcia
July 29 2010 1:40 PM ET
A Memphis city council member who has expressed her support for a
proposed LGBT antidiscrimination policy has been the target of death
Police may increase patrol units around Janis Fullilove's home because she received threatening phone calls and a dead cat was thrown onto her lawn, WREG News reports.
Nonetheless, Fullilove's position is unchanged, says Jonathan Cole of the Tennessee Equality Project.
"No one should be discriminated against based upon their color, their sexual orientation, not at all," Fullilove said at a recent council meeting, according to The Commercial Appeal. "A number of states and businesses here in the Memphis area, including FedEx, put in place mechanisms that would prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation."
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books Three Great Books About HIV 1 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer Uses Tig Notaro's Cancer for Her Own Personal Gain 19 min 29 sec ago
- Crime Editor of Gay Website Beaten in London 21 min 49 sec ago
- Film We Steal Secrets: Is Bradley Manning a Hero? 24 min 8 sec ago
- Film A Drinking Game for the Liberace Movie 24 min 35 sec ago
- Health News Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men 1 hour 34 min ago
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 10:58 AM