Threats, Dead Cat for Pro-Gay Pol.
BY Michelle Garcia
July 29 2010 1:40 PM ET
A Memphis city council member who has expressed her support for a
proposed LGBT antidiscrimination policy has been the target of death
Police may increase patrol units around Janis Fullilove's home because she received threatening phone calls and a dead cat was thrown onto her lawn, WREG News reports.
Nonetheless, Fullilove's position is unchanged, says Jonathan Cole of the Tennessee Equality Project.
"No one should be discriminated against based upon their color, their sexual orientation, not at all," Fullilove said at a recent council meeting, according to The Commercial Appeal. "A number of states and businesses here in the Memphis area, including FedEx, put in place mechanisms that would prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM