The Right-Wing Judy Garland
BY Julie Bolcer
August 06 2010 9:25 AM ET
Gay conservative group GOProud announced Friday that Ann Coulter, the "right-wing Judy Garland," would headline its Homocon party scheduled for September in New York City.
Coulter, the author of numerous books that skewer liberals, has used antigay slurs in the past against former Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards, whom she called a “faggot,” and former vice president Al Gore, whom she called a “total fag.”
GOProud said in a news release that it looked forward to hosting Coulter at the Homocon party on September 25.
“I can promise you, Homocon 2010 will be a hell of a lot more fun than chaining yourself to the White House fence,” said Chris Barron, GOProud’s chairman of the board.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community