Poll: Nevadans Oppose Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 14 2010 7:00 PM ET
More people in Nevada oppose marriage equality than support it, according to a statewide poll conducted by The Las Vegas Review-Journal and KLAS-TV.
The poll results, released Saturday, show that 46% oppose marriage equality, 35% support it, and 19% are undecided. This compares to the two-thirds of residents who approved a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in 2002.
Candice Nichols of The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada says she is encouraged that the results show a softening of opposition when compared to the 2002 numbers.
Find the full story here.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 8 min 59 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 31 min 51 sec ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 39 min 19 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 47 min 24 sec ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 49 min 59 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 58 min 7 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 2 hours 17 min ago