GOProud Returns to CPAC
BY Michelle Garcia
August 23 2010 12:50 PM ET
The leaders of GOProud announced Monday that the group will again sign on as an affiliate for the annual Conservative Political Action Conference despite resistance from other right-wing groups at last year's event.
"CPAC was a phenomenal success for us as an organization," GOProud executive director Jimmy LaSalvia said in a statement. "Thanks in large part to the exposure we received at CPAC our organization has experienced tremendous growth over the last few months. We look forward to building on that success with CPAC 2011."
The convention, scheduled for February 10-12 in Washington, D.C., has invited several Republican figures to speak, including Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, and GOProud ally Ann Coulter.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Mormon Missionary Positions