Recap: 2010 Emmy Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2010 5:05 PM ET
Jane Lynch, Modern Family, and Ryan Murphy are among the big winners at the 2010 Emmy Awards. See a recap of the night here.
7:57 p.m. — Modern Family beats Glee and wins the Emmy for Best Comedy Series.
7:52 p.m. — Mad Men wins its third consecutive Emmy for Best Drama Series.
7:50 p.m. — Capping off a big night, Temple Grandin win Best Made-for-Television Movie.
7:40 p.m. — Al Pacino wins his second Emmy for Best Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for playing Jack Kevorkian in You Don't Know Jack. His first was for playing Roy Cohn in Angels in America.
7:28 p.m. — Claire Danes wins her first Emmy for Best Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for Temple Grandin. The show has won three acting awards.
7:19 p.m. — Jewel sings in tribute to the actors who have passed away this year, including Emmy winner and Golden Girl Rue McClanahan, Dennis Hopper, Lynn Redgrave, Lena Horne. and Dixie Carter.
7:15 p.m. — David Strathairn wins the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for Temple Grandin.
7:10 p.m. — Julia Ormond wins her first Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie for Temple Grandin. She thanks costar Catherine O' "what's her name ... Hara."
7:03 p.m. — George Clooney gives a moving speech in accepting the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award.
6:53 p.m. — The Daily Show With Jon Stewart wins a seventh Emmy for Best Variety, Music, or Comedy Series.
6:41 p.m. — Best writing for a variety special — the 2009 Tony Awards.
More on next page...
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 24 min 35 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 29 min 55 sec ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 52 min 50 sec ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 1 hour 37 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM