Lesbian Couple Recover After Arson
BY Michelle Garcia
September 12 2010 1:25 PM ET
A lesbian couple who were out celebrating five years of living in their
Vonore, Tenn., home returned to find their house vandalized and set
Carol Ann and Laura Stutte said they would like to stay in the area, but would never rebuild on the same property, according to the Tennessee newspaper The Daily Times.
"I take someone with me constantly — one or two people to make sure I'm OK while I'm up there," Carol Stutte said in the report. She said that she and her partner have been harassed off and on by one particular neighbor.
The fire occurred September 4 at approximately 10 p.m. Investigators, including the state bomb and arson squad, are still conducting interviews and are pursuing the case as arson.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Holding Out for a Gay Hero
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'