Lesbian Couple Recover After Arson
BY Michelle Garcia
September 12 2010 2:25 PM ET
A lesbian couple who were out celebrating five years of living in their
Vonore, Tenn., home returned to find their house vandalized and set
Carol Ann and Laura Stutte said they would like to stay in the area, but would never rebuild on the same property, according to the Tennessee newspaper The Daily Times.
"I take someone with me constantly — one or two people to make sure I'm OK while I'm up there," Carol Stutte said in the report. She said that she and her partner have been harassed off and on by one particular neighbor.
The fire occurred September 4 at approximately 10 p.m. Investigators, including the state bomb and arson squad, are still conducting interviews and are pursuing the case as arson.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?