Lesbian Couple Recover After Arson
BY Michelle Garcia
September 12 2010 1:25 PM ET
A lesbian couple who were out celebrating five years of living in their
Vonore, Tenn., home returned to find their house vandalized and set
Carol Ann and Laura Stutte said they would like to stay in the area, but would never rebuild on the same property, according to the Tennessee newspaper The Daily Times.
"I take someone with me constantly — one or two people to make sure I'm OK while I'm up there," Carol Stutte said in the report. She said that she and her partner have been harassed off and on by one particular neighbor.
The fire occurred September 4 at approximately 10 p.m. Investigators, including the state bomb and arson squad, are still conducting interviews and are pursuing the case as arson.
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- WATCH: Bill O'Reilly's 'War on Christmas' Led By Abortionists and Married Gays
- Style Model Watch: Learn How To Charm The Camera With Marc Buckner 27 min 57 sec ago
- Election Is The GOP Discriminating Against Its Gay Candidates? 1 hour 1 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Queer Cruise Excursion? 1 hour 4 min ago
- Military Louisiana National Guard Will Extend Partner Benefits 1 hour 15 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor 1 hour 16 min ago
- Election Chris Christie Gets Heat for Backing Oklahoma's Governor 1 hour 22 min ago
- Women WATCH: Taylor Schilling and Lizzy Caplan in Variety Roundtable 1 hour 27 min ago