Trans Actress Best Dressed at Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 15 2010 1:20 PM ET
Who did Toronto Life magazine readers vote the best-dressed actress at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Black Swan? Running against stars Natalie Portman and Winona Ryder, but with 60% of the vote, it was trans actress Biko Beauttah who got the most votes.
The Kenyan-born model and actress beat out Portman, who scored 33% of the vote. In a distant third, Ryder scored 4% of the vote, and Black Swan costar Ksenia Solo received 1%.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 31 min 33 sec ago
- Women Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 31 min 44 sec ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 37 min 25 sec ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 51 min 47 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Is 'Scared, Overwhelmed' By Potential Felony Sex Abuse Charges 1 hour 19 min ago
- World News Australia's Penny Wong Fights Homophobic Comments 1 hour 40 min ago
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 1 hour 43 min ago