Meghan McCain Talks Dad, DADT
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2010 7:00 PM ET
An outspoken supporter of gay rights, Meghan McCain has taken a fair amount of heat in recent weeks for her father's opposition to repealing "don't ask, don't tell." Now Meghan is speaking out — and while she clearly doesn't see eye to eye with John McCain, she places most of the blame for the holdup on President Obama.
Meghan McCain wrote on Twitter Saturday: "I am a supporter of LGBT rights and am against DADT - I fight every day. Until you are the daughter of a republican senator - don't assume what I do and the stances I take are ever easy. I love my family and I love the gay community. There's a lot of anger being projected at me personally for my father's stance on DADT. I love my father very much and we disagree. Project your anger at politicians and the president you elected, because last time I checked - Obama isn't exactly advocating for LGBT rights or removing DADT."
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery