Meghan McCain Talks Dad, DADT
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2010 7:00 PM ET
An outspoken supporter of gay rights, Meghan McCain has taken a fair amount of heat in recent weeks for her father's opposition to repealing "don't ask, don't tell." Now Meghan is speaking out — and while she clearly doesn't see eye to eye with John McCain, she places most of the blame for the holdup on President Obama.
Meghan McCain wrote on Twitter Saturday: "I am a supporter of LGBT rights and am against DADT - I fight every day. Until you are the daughter of a republican senator - don't assume what I do and the stances I take are ever easy. I love my family and I love the gay community. There's a lot of anger being projected at me personally for my father's stance on DADT. I love my father very much and we disagree. Project your anger at politicians and the president you elected, because last time I checked - Obama isn't exactly advocating for LGBT rights or removing DADT."
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel