Has Stellar Opening Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2010 2:20 PM ET
Howl, the film about Allen Ginsberg and the obscenity trial over his poem that gives the film its title, is off to a spectacular start at the nation's box office, reports website Box Office Mojo.
The James Franco starrer made $9,000 per screen and is expected to gross a total of $54,000 over the weekend. The film opened in six theaters in New York and San Francisco September 24 and will expand nationwide in October.
Watch James Franco discuss Howl and Ginsberg below.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 11 min 36 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 1 hour 34 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 1 hour 50 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 6 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 2 hours 24 min ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 2 hours 27 min ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 2 hours 56 min ago