Has Stellar Opening Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2010 2:20 PM ET
Howl, the film about Allen Ginsberg and the obscenity trial over his poem that gives the film its title, is off to a spectacular start at the nation's box office, reports website Box Office Mojo.
The James Franco starrer made $9,000 per screen and is expected to gross a total of $54,000 over the weekend. The film opened in six theaters in New York and San Francisco September 24 and will expand nationwide in October.
Watch James Franco discuss Howl and Ginsberg below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride