Has Stellar Opening Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2010 2:20 PM ET
Howl, the film about Allen Ginsberg and the obscenity trial over his poem that gives the film its title, is off to a spectacular start at the nation's box office, reports website Box Office Mojo.
The James Franco starrer made $9,000 per screen and is expected to gross a total of $54,000 over the weekend. The film opened in six theaters in New York and San Francisco September 24 and will expand nationwide in October.
Watch James Franco discuss Howl and Ginsberg below.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother