Has Stellar Opening Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2010 1:20 PM ET
Howl, the film about Allen Ginsberg and the obscenity trial over his poem that gives the film its title, is off to a spectacular start at the nation's box office, reports website Box Office Mojo.
The James Franco starrer made $9,000 per screen and is expected to gross a total of $54,000 over the weekend. The film opened in six theaters in New York and San Francisco September 24 and will expand nationwide in October.
Watch James Franco discuss Howl and Ginsberg below.
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 14 min 56 sec ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 48 min 26 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM