's Steger Wanted to Play Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 6:35 PM ET
Their characters may have started out as straight high school students, but once the rumors started flying that one 90210 character would go gay, actor Michael Steger wanted it to be his.
Instead, his costar Trevor Donovan's character Teddy Montgomery shed his womanizing ways to come out of the closet.
Steger, who plays Navid Shirazi, told Hollywood Life, “I think I would have approached it organically and honestly. I would have been excited!”
He added, “Trevor Donovan has a pretty amazing storyline coming up and I think that is going to be really cool to see how it unfolds.”
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series