's Steger Wanted to Play Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 5:35 PM ET
Their characters may have started out as straight high school students, but once the rumors started flying that one 90210 character would go gay, actor Michael Steger wanted it to be his.
Instead, his costar Trevor Donovan's character Teddy Montgomery shed his womanizing ways to come out of the closet.
Steger, who plays Navid Shirazi, told Hollywood Life, “I think I would have approached it organically and honestly. I would have been excited!”
He added, “Trevor Donovan has a pretty amazing storyline coming up and I think that is going to be really cool to see how it unfolds.”
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Third Cleveland-Area Trans Woman Murdered in Past Year, Prompting Concern
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 47 min 20 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 56 min 14 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 38 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 39 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 43 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index 3:49 PM