's Steger Wanted to Play Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 6:35 PM ET
Their characters may have started out as straight high school students, but once the rumors started flying that one 90210 character would go gay, actor Michael Steger wanted it to be his.
Instead, his costar Trevor Donovan's character Teddy Montgomery shed his womanizing ways to come out of the closet.
Steger, who plays Navid Shirazi, told Hollywood Life, “I think I would have approached it organically and honestly. I would have been excited!”
He added, “Trevor Donovan has a pretty amazing storyline coming up and I think that is going to be really cool to see how it unfolds.”
- Op-ed: A 13-Year-Old, the Minnesota Governor, and LGBT Rights
- Broadway Bares Gets Naked for the 25th Time
- 16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Drag Race's Kennedy Davenport: I Am 'Honored' to Represent Sahara's Legacy