National Sex Survey Released
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2010 6:20 PM ET
A national sex survey conducted by Indiana University has found that 7% percent of women and 8% of men identify as gay.
The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior, conducted by
researchers from the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana
University’s School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation, queried the sexual experiences and condom use of 5,865 adolescents and adults ages 14 to 94. While 7% percent of women and 8% of men identified as gay, many more respondents reported same-sex sexual experiences.
Condom use was also found to be higher among minorities and young people.
Click here to see more of the findings.
Editor's Note: We've updated the headline to reflect the correct percentage. Thank you.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM