NOM Attacks Barbara Boxer
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 4:00 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage has entered the political fray in California with a new Spanish-language ad attacking Sen.Barbara Boxer as a "knee-jerk, strident partisan who ignores the values of her constituents in order to practice bitterly divisive politics."
Boxer is in a tight race in the November election with Republican challenger and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who has stated her opposition to marriage equality.
"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman," Fiorina said in a September debate with Boxer. "But I also have been
simple and clear: I support civil unions. Also, the position I have
consistently espoused is consistent with that of our president and the
vast majority of senators in the U.S. Senate."
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation