NOM Attacks Barbara Boxer
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 4:00 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage has entered the political fray in California with a new Spanish-language ad attacking Sen.Barbara Boxer as a "knee-jerk, strident partisan who ignores the values of her constituents in order to practice bitterly divisive politics."
Boxer is in a tight race in the November election with Republican challenger and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who has stated her opposition to marriage equality.
"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman," Fiorina said in a September debate with Boxer. "But I also have been
simple and clear: I support civil unions. Also, the position I have
consistently espoused is consistent with that of our president and the
vast majority of senators in the U.S. Senate."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 11 min 38 sec ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM