NOM Attacks Barbara Boxer
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 4:00 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage has entered the political fray in California with a new Spanish-language ad attacking Sen.Barbara Boxer as a "knee-jerk, strident partisan who ignores the values of her constituents in order to practice bitterly divisive politics."
Boxer is in a tight race in the November election with Republican challenger and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who has stated her opposition to marriage equality.
"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman," Fiorina said in a September debate with Boxer. "But I also have been
simple and clear: I support civil unions. Also, the position I have
consistently espoused is consistent with that of our president and the
vast majority of senators in the U.S. Senate."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'