NOM Attacks Barbara Boxer
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 07 2010 3:00 PM ET
The National Organization for Marriage has entered the political fray in California with a new Spanish-language ad attacking Sen.Barbara Boxer as a "knee-jerk, strident partisan who ignores the values of her constituents in order to practice bitterly divisive politics."
Boxer is in a tight race in the November election with Republican challenger and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, who has stated her opposition to marriage equality.
"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman," Fiorina said in a September debate with Boxer. "But I also have been
simple and clear: I support civil unions. Also, the position I have
consistently espoused is consistent with that of our president and the
vast majority of senators in the U.S. Senate."
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'