Vaughn: Keep Gay Joke in Movie
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 14 2010 8:50 PM ET
Anderson Cooper and GLAAD may not be fan of the gay joke in the upcoming film The Dilemma, but star Vince Vaughn is.
After Cooper and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation complained about the film's gay reference — Vaughn's character calls electric cars "gay" — Universal removed the joke from the movie's trailer. It remains to be seen whether the joke will remain in the final cut of the film, but Vaughn hopes it does.
"Let me add my voice of support to the people outraged by the bullying
and persecution of people for their differences, whatever those
differences may be," the actor was quoted as saying on Thursday. "Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together. Drawing dividing lines over what we can and cannot joke about does
exactly that; it divides us. Most importantly, where does it
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend