Vaughn: Keep Gay Joke in Movie
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 14 2010 7:50 PM ET
Anderson Cooper and GLAAD may not be fan of the gay joke in the upcoming film The Dilemma, but star Vince Vaughn is.
After Cooper and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation complained about the film's gay reference — Vaughn's character calls electric cars "gay" — Universal removed the joke from the movie's trailer. It remains to be seen whether the joke will remain in the final cut of the film, but Vaughn hopes it does.
"Let me add my voice of support to the people outraged by the bullying
and persecution of people for their differences, whatever those
differences may be," the actor was quoted as saying on Thursday. "Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together. Drawing dividing lines over what we can and cannot joke about does
exactly that; it divides us. Most importantly, where does it
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship