Molly Predicts Duckie Came Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2010 12:05 PM ET
Molly Ringwald reminisces about her iconic role as Andie in Pretty in Pink and speculates that her smitten best friend, Duckie, played by Jon Cryer, eventually came out as gay, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Ringwald, Cryer, and costar Annie Potts pose for a photo shoot and discuss the beloved 1986 hit and theorize what might have happened to their characters after the story ended. Ringwald imagines that Andie and Duckie, their characters from the wrong side of the tracks in the teen comedy, ended up friends for life. “I’m sure that Duckie came out by now,” Ringwald says.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 48 min 18 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 1 hour 34 min ago
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 2 hours 1 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 2 hours 6 min ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 3:57 PM
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 3:50 PM