Molly Predicts Duckie Came Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2010 1:05 PM ET
Molly Ringwald reminisces about her iconic role as Andie in Pretty in Pink and speculates that her smitten best friend, Duckie, played by Jon Cryer, eventually came out as gay, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Ringwald, Cryer, and costar Annie Potts pose for a photo shoot and discuss the beloved 1986 hit and theorize what might have happened to their characters after the story ended. Ringwald imagines that Andie and Duckie, their characters from the wrong side of the tracks in the teen comedy, ended up friends for life. “I’m sure that Duckie came out by now,” Ringwald says.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight