Cho's Message for Bullied Teens
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 12:45 PM ET
"We need you," Margaret Cho says in her new video for the "It Gets
Better" campaign. "The world cannot go on without you." The entertainer
shares that she was bullied so often as a teenager that she wanted to
take her own life many times. The campaign was launched by Dan Savage to discourage bullied LGBTQ youth from committing suicide. Cho concludes her message by asking teens to "stay with us. We love you so much."
Watch the video below.
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Gay Hero of Sydney Siege Wrestled With Gunman
- READ: 9-Year-Old Girl's Adorable Letter to Newly Out Gay Teacher
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Vine Star Attempts to Justify Homophobic Video