Cho's Message for Bullied Teens
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 1:45 PM ET
"We need you," Margaret Cho says in her new video for the "It Gets
Better" campaign. "The world cannot go on without you." The entertainer
shares that she was bullied so often as a teenager that she wanted to
take her own life many times. The campaign was launched by Dan Savage to discourage bullied LGBTQ youth from committing suicide. Cho concludes her message by asking teens to "stay with us. We love you so much."
Watch the video below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House