Leiomy Whips Her Hair for Willow
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:05 PM ET
She’s only in it for a few memorable seconds, but that is trans female dancer Leiomy Maldonado from MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew taking it to the floor in Willow Smith’s much-buzzed-about “Whip My Hair” video.
The debut video by Willow — the 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith — premiered online Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday night it had already been viewed by 900,000 people on YouTube.
Maldonado got a fair amount of press attention as one of the members of Vogue Evolution, the dance group that placed fifth on the fourth season of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew. Look for an interview with Maldonado on Advocate.com later this week.
Watch the video here.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 40 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM