Leiomy Whips Her Hair for Willow
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:05 PM ET
She’s only in it for a few memorable seconds, but that is trans female dancer Leiomy Maldonado from MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew taking it to the floor in Willow Smith’s much-buzzed-about “Whip My Hair” video.
The debut video by Willow — the 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith — premiered online Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday night it had already been viewed by 900,000 people on YouTube.
Maldonado got a fair amount of press attention as one of the members of Vogue Evolution, the dance group that placed fifth on the fourth season of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew. Look for an interview with Maldonado on Advocate.com later this week.
Watch the video here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out