Leiomy Whips Her Hair for Willow
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 20 2010 12:05 AM ET
She’s only in it for a few memorable seconds, but that is trans female dancer Leiomy Maldonado from MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew taking it to the floor in Willow Smith’s much-buzzed-about “Whip My Hair” video.
The debut video by Willow — the 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith — premiered online Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday night it had already been viewed by 900,000 people on YouTube.
Maldonado got a fair amount of press attention as one of the members of Vogue Evolution, the dance group that placed fifth on the fourth season of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew. Look for an interview with Maldonado on Advocate.com later this week.
Watch the video here.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers