Facebook Shuts Down Pope Kiss-In
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2010 8:25 AM ET
Organizers of a same-sex kiss-in planned for when Pope Benedict XVI visits Spain next month say that Facebook has closed down their page promoting the event.
According to the Reader, the Queer Kissing Flashmob generated interest among 12,000 Facebook users for its plan to hold the kiss-in in Cathedral Square in Barcelona on November 7. Then Facebook shut the group down, organizers claim.
”This has added greater fuel to the fire, and one of the organisers, Marylène Carole, expressed her 'disbelief' that a couple kissing in public could be considered 'outrageous' in this day and age,” reported the Reader.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 1 hour 17 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 2 hours 13 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 2 hours 47 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 2 hours 47 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 2 hours 47 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM