Facebook Shuts Down Pope Kiss-In
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2010 8:25 AM ET
Organizers of a same-sex kiss-in planned for when Pope Benedict XVI visits Spain next month say that Facebook has closed down their page promoting the event.
According to the Reader, the Queer Kissing Flashmob generated interest among 12,000 Facebook users for its plan to hold the kiss-in in Cathedral Square in Barcelona on November 7. Then Facebook shut the group down, organizers claim.
”This has added greater fuel to the fire, and one of the organisers, Marylène Carole, expressed her 'disbelief' that a couple kissing in public could be considered 'outrageous' in this day and age,” reported the Reader.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 2 hours 12 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM