Hung Jury in Hustler's Murder Trial
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 29 2010 4:15 PM ET
The trial of an 18-year-old hustler accused of stabbing to death a veteran New York radio newsman ended with a hung jury Thursday.
The New York Daily News reports that one juror in the case refused to render a guilty verdict in John Katehis's trial because details of the crime failed to prove intent.
George Weber, 47, suffered 50 stab wounds after hiring Katehis via Craiglist to "act out a smothering scene" at Weber's Brooklyn home last year, the newspaper reports.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM