Who Will Run San Francisco?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2010 7:35 PM ET
Thirty-two years after the murder of gay San Francisco city supervisor Harvey Milk, will a gay man run the City by the Bay?
San Francisco's current mayor, Gavin Newsom, is running for lieutenant governor on Tuesday. Should he win, the "Board of Supervisors will appoint an interim mayor while a collection of people continue to campaign for the seat," according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Gay city supervisor Bevan Dufty has already thrown his hat in the ring for 2011, the next regularly scheduled mayoral election in San Francisco.
But it's not clear who will be given the interim position — NBC Bay Area suggests Supervisor David Chiu, who is not gay, would be the most logical choice.
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM