Who Will Run San Francisco?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 01 2010 7:35 PM ET
Thirty-two years after the murder of gay San Francisco city supervisor Harvey Milk, will a gay man run the City by the Bay?
San Francisco's current mayor, Gavin Newsom, is running for lieutenant governor on Tuesday. Should he win, the "Board of Supervisors will appoint an interim mayor while a collection of people continue to campaign for the seat," according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Gay city supervisor Bevan Dufty has already thrown his hat in the ring for 2011, the next regularly scheduled mayoral election in San Francisco.
But it's not clear who will be given the interim position — NBC Bay Area suggests Supervisor David Chiu, who is not gay, would be the most logical choice.
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: San Diego Pride