Gay Vancouver Couple Hits Jackpot
BY Megan Dickey
November 03 2010 7:45 PM ET
Apparently dreams can come true. Claude and Kurt Blanchette-Ebert, a gay couple from Vancouver, won a $50 million jackpot last Friday — the largest lottery jackpot won in the history of British Columbia.
The Vancouver Sunreports that the win could not have come at a better time for the cash-strapped couple, who are in the midst of planning and celebrating their 30th anniversary.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014