Lesbian Pastor Target of Hate Mail
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 04 2010 2:15 PM ET
A lesbian pastor fighting for marriage equality in the U.K. tells the London Evening Standard that she and her partner are resolute in their advocacy despite recent backlash in the form of abusive e-mails.
The Reverend Sharon Ferguson, a 52-year-old pastor at a Metropolitan Community Church in north London, and her partner may file suit along with several other gay couples challenging bans on gay marriages and civil partnerships for heterosexual couples.
“We've had a lot of people supporting us, but unfortunately I've also received some abusive e-mails from people claiming to be Christians who are unhappy with what we are doing," Ferguson said.
Ferguson's challenge is being organized by U.K. gay rights activist Peter Tatchell in the Equal Love campaign.
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM