Body Builder Chris Bruce Transitions to Female Fitness Guru
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2010 2:20 AM ET
Chris Bruce is no stranger to blazing new trails, and the former
230-pound 6-foot-1 body builder has transformed into a 180-pound 6-foot-3 fitness
guru — in heels.
According to an interview with The Dallas Voice, Chris Tina Foxx Bruce was born male. After he started and sold a multimillion-dollar business, married his high school sweetheart, and fathered two kids, Bruce’s cross-dressing led to a divorce in 2007
Bruce realized shortly after that she wasn’t just dressing in women’s clothing — she identified as a woman.
“My purpose is to let the world know who I am and being transgender is nothing to be hid,” she tells the Voice.
She says her ex-wife has had trouble with the change — she only found out Bruce was trans earlier this year — but for the sake of the kids, they are adjusting. She is currently making a living as a fitness instructor and had her first surgery — some face work and breast implants — December 26.
Read the profile here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM