Body Builder Chris Bruce Transitions to Female Fitness Guru
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2010 2:20 AM ET
Chris Bruce is no stranger to blazing new trails, and the former
230-pound 6-foot-1 body builder has transformed into a 180-pound 6-foot-3 fitness
guru — in heels.
According to an interview with The Dallas Voice, Chris Tina Foxx Bruce was born male. After he started and sold a multimillion-dollar business, married his high school sweetheart, and fathered two kids, Bruce’s cross-dressing led to a divorce in 2007
Bruce realized shortly after that she wasn’t just dressing in women’s clothing — she identified as a woman.
“My purpose is to let the world know who I am and being transgender is nothing to be hid,” she tells the Voice.
She says her ex-wife has had trouble with the change — she only found out Bruce was trans earlier this year — but for the sake of the kids, they are adjusting. She is currently making a living as a fitness instructor and had her first surgery — some face work and breast implants — December 26.
Read the profile here.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics WATCH: Obama's Morehouse Commencement Speech Name-Checks Gay Rights 1 hour 39 min ago
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City 2 hours 18 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' 2 hours 9 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality 2 hours 35 min ago
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 6:00 PM