Transgender Givenchy Model Scores Mag Cover
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2010 8:15 PM ET
Lea T, a former assistant to Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci who has starred in the label's ads and editorial features in French Vogue, has scored a fashion mag cover in the new issue of Lurve.
The cover is a first for the transgender model from Brazil, who wears Givenchy couture and is photographed by Carlotta Manaigo.
"The couture dress and marble columns add to the feeling of classical
drama, but Lea brings a presence all her own to the shoot," Models.com editors wrote. "Styled by Maher Jridi, Lea looks phenomenal and the striking cover makes for another boundary breaking first."
See the original post here.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists
- WATCH: Picking Up Random Strangers Of The Same Sex
- WATCH: 10 Gay Men Kiss for the First Time