Transgender Givenchy Model Scores Mag Cover
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2010 8:15 PM ET
Lea T, a former assistant to Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci who has starred in the label's ads and editorial features in French Vogue, has scored a fashion mag cover in the new issue of Lurve.
The cover is a first for the transgender model from Brazil, who wears Givenchy couture and is photographed by Carlotta Manaigo.
"The couture dress and marble columns add to the feeling of classical
drama, but Lea brings a presence all her own to the shoot," Models.com editors wrote. "Styled by Maher Jridi, Lea looks phenomenal and the striking cover makes for another boundary breaking first."
See the original post here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet