Transgender Givenchy Model Scores Mag Cover
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2010 8:15 PM ET
Lea T, a former assistant to Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci who has starred in the label's ads and editorial features in French Vogue, has scored a fashion mag cover in the new issue of Lurve.
The cover is a first for the transgender model from Brazil, who wears Givenchy couture and is photographed by Carlotta Manaigo.
"The couture dress and marble columns add to the feeling of classical
drama, but Lea brings a presence all her own to the shoot," Models.com editors wrote. "Styled by Maher Jridi, Lea looks phenomenal and the striking cover makes for another boundary breaking first."
See the original post here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion