13 Activists Arrested at White House
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 15 2010 7:30 PM ET
Thirteen activists calling for the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell"
have been arrested for handcuffing themselves to the White House
fence Monday afternoon.
Among those arrested by the U.S. Park Police were former Army lieutenant Dan Choi and the Reverend Geoff Farrow, a Catholic priest who has spoken in favor of marriage equality, CNN reports. The group chanted, "I am somebody! I deserve full equality!" and "Let us serve!" throughout the protest.
The group is calling on the Senate and president to act on a campaign promise, which has been repeatedly reiterated, to repeal the law barring gays and lesbians from serving openly in the military.
Choi has been arrested for similar protests, as he cuffed himself to the fence in April with Capt. Jim Pietrangelo, Petty Officer Larry Whitt, Petty Officer Autumn Sandeen, Cadet Mara Boyd, and Cpl. Evelyn Thomas. The previous month, he was arrested with Pietrangelo for the same act.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone