Radio Host to Apologize to Joel Burns
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 17 2010 8:35 AM ET
Texas radio host Chris Krok will issue an on-air apology for his rant against Fort Worth city councilman Joel Burns after consultation with GLAAD.
As GLAAD reports on its blog, Krok attacked Burns in a segment that originally aired on radio station KLIF 570 AM last month but became the subject of blog conversations this past weekend. Burns made an “It Gets Better” message last month that became a YouTube sensation.
“On behalf of Joel and the many others whose life stories intersect with his, GLAAD made a phone call this afternoon to Jeff Catlin, the operations manager for Cumulus Media Dallas, KLIF’s parent company,” reported GLAAD blog on Monday. “The conversation was a productive one; Catlin both understands and shares our concern. As the person who oversees KLIF, Catlin acknowledged that he has the ‘responsibility to be responsible’ for what airs on the station.
“Without going into detail, Catlin said that he spoke with Krok and that he was disciplined shortly after the segment aired. He also pointed out that Krok has not spoken about this since then.”
Catlin and Krok are scheduled to meet Wednesday morning to discuss a solution.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 48 min 57 sec ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 2 hours 57 sec ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM