McGehee: From Handcuffs to Oval Office
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 18 2010 5:20 PM ET
Gay activist Robin McGehee went from being dragged by police and arrested Tuesday for protesting "don't ask, don't tell," to speaking with a high-ranking White House official Wednesday and demanding action on LGBT rights.
LezGetReal caught up with McGehee, who described speaking to Brian Bond, the deputy director of the White House Office of Public Engagement. McGehee told Bond about the importance of not only passing the DADT repeal but issuing an executive order stopping discharges by year's end. She also wanted movement on the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act and for the president to once again voice his pre–White House support for marriage equality.
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM