Panjabi on Kalinda's Maybe Bisexuality
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 23 2010 8:50 PM ET
Emmy-winner Archie Panjabi has become a lesbian favorite for playing private investigator Kalinda Sharma on CBS’s The Good Wife,
and though writers have hinted time and again that Kalinda plays for
both teams, the star doesn’t think anything about the leather-clad,
tequila-swigging P.I. is that cut-and-dried.
“Kalinda has no hangups about her sexuality,” Panjabi tells SheWired.com. “She is very confident about who she is and what her sexuality is. If she doesn’t say anything, it’s more about her being private than her ever feeling one ounce of embarrassment, which she definitely doesn’t feel.”
As for fans who hope Kalinda and her lawyer sidekick Alicia (Julianna Margulies) are more than just friends, Panjabi thinks the two will keep their relationship strictly platonic. Relationships with other women, however? A definite likelihood.
Read the full interview here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Decades of Old Research Leads to Possible HIV Vaccine For Kids
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media