Panjabi on Kalinda's Maybe Bisexuality
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 23 2010 8:50 PM ET
Emmy-winner Archie Panjabi has become a lesbian favorite for playing private investigator Kalinda Sharma on CBS’s The Good Wife,
and though writers have hinted time and again that Kalinda plays for
both teams, the star doesn’t think anything about the leather-clad,
tequila-swigging P.I. is that cut-and-dried.
“Kalinda has no hangups about her sexuality,” Panjabi tells SheWired.com. “She is very confident about who she is and what her sexuality is. If she doesn’t say anything, it’s more about her being private than her ever feeling one ounce of embarrassment, which she definitely doesn’t feel.”
As for fans who hope Kalinda and her lawyer sidekick Alicia (Julianna Margulies) are more than just friends, Panjabi thinks the two will keep their relationship strictly platonic. Relationships with other women, however? A definite likelihood.
Read the full interview here.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- 5 Most Disappointing Things We Learned About HRC's 'White Men's Club'