Thomas Roberts: "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2010 12:15 PM ET
Thomas Roberts, the MSNBC anchor and host of The Advocate On-Air, recalls his struggle to come to terms with being gay and urges vulnerable youths to look toward the future and focus on building credentials like education.
In the video, Roberts recalls his own attempt to commit suicide at age 15. He said his sister saved his life.
”Don’t deprive any of us of who you are or who you want to be in the future,” says Roberts. “It gets better. I promise.”
Watch the video.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defends Marriage Equality Opposition, Wants Licenses Issued Online