Thomas Roberts: "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2010 12:15 PM ET
Thomas Roberts, the MSNBC anchor and host of The Advocate On-Air, recalls his struggle to come to terms with being gay and urges vulnerable youths to look toward the future and focus on building credentials like education.
In the video, Roberts recalls his own attempt to commit suicide at age 15. He said his sister saved his life.
”Don’t deprive any of us of who you are or who you want to be in the future,” says Roberts. “It gets better. I promise.”
Watch the video.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either