Thomas Roberts: "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2010 12:15 PM ET
Thomas Roberts, the MSNBC anchor and host of The Advocate On-Air, recalls his struggle to come to terms with being gay and urges vulnerable youths to look toward the future and focus on building credentials like education.
In the video, Roberts recalls his own attempt to commit suicide at age 15. He said his sister saved his life.
”Don’t deprive any of us of who you are or who you want to be in the future,” says Roberts. “It gets better. I promise.”
Watch the video.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees