Thomas Roberts: "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2010 12:15 PM ET
Thomas Roberts, the MSNBC anchor and host of The Advocate On-Air, recalls his struggle to come to terms with being gay and urges vulnerable youths to look toward the future and focus on building credentials like education.
In the video, Roberts recalls his own attempt to commit suicide at age 15. He said his sister saved his life.
”Don’t deprive any of us of who you are or who you want to be in the future,” says Roberts. “It gets better. I promise.”
Watch the video.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- These Native-American Tribes Are Pioneering Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: NBC's Straight-Washing of John Constantine Is Bi Erasure
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength