The Cho-Palin Throwdown
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 05 2010 4:05 PM ET
The online pas de deux between Margaret Cho and Bristol Palin is getting a little nasty.
Responding to a recent dig from Margaret Cho, Bristol Palin fired back at her Dancing With the Stars colleague via a Saturday Facebook post, writing that if the Asian-American comic had a grasp on conservative politics, "she would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
Palin's post follows a blog entry last week by Cho, who wrote that Palin's appearance on the show was the result of pressure from her mother, potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate Sarah Palin. "Instead of being supposedly 'handicapped' by the presence of her teen mom daughter, now Bristol is going to be an 'asset,'" Cho wrote.
Bristol Palin's reply? "You say you 'don't agree with the family's politics at all' but I say,
if you understood that commonsense conservative values supports the
right of individuals like you, like all of us, to live our lives with
less government interference and more independence, you would embrace
us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
Read the TMZ post here.
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate