Manhattan Declaration App to Return?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2010 3:10 PM ET
Christian conservatives are lighting a fire under tech giant Apple, weeks after protest caused the company to withdraw an antigay app from the iTunes store.
The makers of the Manhattan Declaration app announced Thursday that they are resubmitting the app without the quiz that upset many people, according to CNN. The quiz asked whether the user supports marriage equality or abortion and then gave a score based on the "right" number of answers.
The app makers submitted their request along with a petition bearing 43,000 names of people who want the app to return to iTunes.
"In reading some of the blogs and press on the Manhattan Declaration app, we understand that one element of the app, the poll, seemed particularly offensive to those who asked for the app's removal," said Chuck Colson, a former aide to President Richard Nixon turned evangelical leader who was involved in the Manhattan Declaration's creation.
The document was drafted in 2009 as a unified proclamation condemning gay marriage, abortion, and other things.
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 7 min 57 sec ago
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 1 hour 1 min ago
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 1 hour 24 min ago
- Politics Big Repub Donors Fund Push for ENDA 2 hours 6 min ago
- Love and Sex Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something 2 hours 8 min ago
- Media WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview 2 hours 28 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Game Developers Conference Tackles LGBT Representation in Video Games 2 hours 31 min ago