Manhattan Declaration App to Return?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2010 2:10 PM ET
Christian conservatives are lighting a fire under tech giant Apple, weeks after protest caused the company to withdraw an antigay app from the iTunes store.
The makers of the Manhattan Declaration app announced Thursday that they are resubmitting the app without the quiz that upset many people, according to CNN. The quiz asked whether the user supports marriage equality or abortion and then gave a score based on the "right" number of answers.
The app makers submitted their request along with a petition bearing 43,000 names of people who want the app to return to iTunes.
"In reading some of the blogs and press on the Manhattan Declaration app, we understand that one element of the app, the poll, seemed particularly offensive to those who asked for the app's removal," said Chuck Colson, a former aide to President Richard Nixon turned evangelical leader who was involved in the Manhattan Declaration's creation.
The document was drafted in 2009 as a unified proclamation condemning gay marriage, abortion, and other things.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM