Kevin Spacey Still Isn’t Talking
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 15 2010 10:25 AM ET
In a new interview to promote his Golden Globe–nominated performance in the film Casino Jack, Kevin Spacey tells The Daily Beast he’s still won't talk about his sexuality — and continuing to ask him if he is gay is the same as bullying.
“I think what we have seen in terms of gay teenagers committing suicide because of bullying is anguishing,” he says. “I think young people, if they are feeling like they are confused, need to know that there are people to talk to and that there are places they can go and not feel alone. But I feel that they have just as many rights as I do to not be bullied. And I don't understand people who say, 'Well, this is a terrible thing that is happening to this young person whose life is being exposed,' and then turn around and do it to another person. People have different reasons for the way they live their lives. You cannot put everyone's reasons in the same box. It's just a line I've never crossed and never will.”
The actor, who has repeatedly refused to talk about his sexuality, promises writer Kevin Sessums he’ll make an “It Gets Better” video. He also says that refusing to discuss your personal life and living a lie are two different things.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 25 min 51 sec ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 39 min 15 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM