Lohan Suspected of Criminal Battery
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 21 2010 3:15 PM ET
Actress Lindsay Lohan is a suspect in a criminal battery case, reports Entertainment Weekly. A Palm Desert, Calif., Police Department rep confirmed to the publication that an altercation between the troubled starlet and “a female adult” took place on December 12 in Palm Desert, close to the Betty Ford Center, where Lohan has been staying for court-ordered rehab. EW reports the victim of the assault plans to prosecute, and "though no arrests were made at the scene, the incident is being investigated as a misdemeanor. After police authorities complete the ongoing investigation, the District Attorney’s Office will determine whether or not to press charges."
Website TMZ reports that Lohan has said she didn't touch the alleged victim, Dawn Holland, who works as a chemical technician at the Betty Ford Center. TMZ also reports that Holland said she smelled alcohol on Lohan's breath after she and two other female patients jumped a wall and were caught by security. Holland was called to administer a breathalyzer test to the three women, at which time Lohan became belligerent, refused the test, and pushed her. Holland said she attempted to call 911 on a house phone at the center, but Lohan confronted her again and ripped the phone out of her hand, which caused a severe sprain.
In a video interview with the website, Holland reveals that she has been on workers' compensation since December 12 due to the injury.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Boy Scouts' Ban on Gay Adults Lifted
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial