Hughes on Facebook IPO, Jumo
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 22 2010 9:10 PM ET
Chris Hughes, the altruistic gay cofounder of Facebook and online organizer for the Obama presidential campaign, spoke to CNBC about his new venture and the future of the world's largest social networking site.
Hughes indicated that he believes Facebook will eventually do an initial public offering on the stock market, and that it will remain relevant by offering Facebook technology to third-party sites.
The 27-year-old also promoted Jumo, his new social networking-meets-philanthropy website that launched November 30. Hughes spoke to The Advocate about his endeavor earlier this year.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers