Hughes on Facebook IPO, Jumo
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 22 2010 9:10 PM ET
Chris Hughes, the altruistic gay cofounder of Facebook and online organizer for the Obama presidential campaign, spoke to CNBC about his new venture and the future of the world's largest social networking site.
Hughes indicated that he believes Facebook will eventually do an initial public offering on the stock market, and that it will remain relevant by offering Facebook technology to third-party sites.
The 27-year-old also promoted Jumo, his new social networking-meets-philanthropy website that launched November 30. Hughes spoke to The Advocate about his endeavor earlier this year.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Bevy Smith, Bravo's Queen of Fashion
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'