Hughes on Facebook IPO, Jumo
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 22 2010 9:10 PM ET
Chris Hughes, the altruistic gay cofounder of Facebook and online organizer for the Obama presidential campaign, spoke to CNBC about his new venture and the future of the world's largest social networking site.
Hughes indicated that he believes Facebook will eventually do an initial public offering on the stock market, and that it will remain relevant by offering Facebook technology to third-party sites.
The 27-year-old also promoted Jumo, his new social networking-meets-philanthropy website that launched November 30. Hughes spoke to The Advocate about his endeavor earlier this year.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback