Reflecting on the Ceremony
December 22 2010 10:30 AM ET
this crowd: There are people here who have been working on the gays in
the military issue for 30 years, well before 'don’t ask, don’t tell.'
There are people here who were thrown out of the military 10 years ago,
20 years ago, 30 years ago, and we’re all here together because we won.
And because the country is now going to start treating us like human
beings." —Aaron Belkin, founder and director of the Palm Center, a
research institute focusing on "don't ask, don't tell" at the University
of California, Santa Barbara
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 34 min 43 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 8 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 8 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 9 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM