Reflecting on the Ceremony
December 22 2010 10:30 AM ET
this crowd: There are people here who have been working on the gays in
the military issue for 30 years, well before 'don’t ask, don’t tell.'
There are people here who were thrown out of the military 10 years ago,
20 years ago, 30 years ago, and we’re all here together because we won.
And because the country is now going to start treating us like human
beings." —Aaron Belkin, founder and director of the Palm Center, a
research institute focusing on "don't ask, don't tell" at the University
of California, Santa Barbara
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- America's Globetrotting Homophobes Exposed, Put on Notice by New HRC Report
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets