Reflecting on the Ceremony
December 22 2010 10:30 AM ET
this crowd: There are people here who have been working on the gays in
the military issue for 30 years, well before 'don’t ask, don’t tell.'
There are people here who were thrown out of the military 10 years ago,
20 years ago, 30 years ago, and we’re all here together because we won.
And because the country is now going to start treating us like human
beings." —Aaron Belkin, founder and director of the Palm Center, a
research institute focusing on "don't ask, don't tell" at the University
of California, Santa Barbara
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home