Reflecting on the Ceremony
December 22 2010 9:30 AM ET
this crowd: There are people here who have been working on the gays in
the military issue for 30 years, well before 'don’t ask, don’t tell.'
There are people here who were thrown out of the military 10 years ago,
20 years ago, 30 years ago, and we’re all here together because we won.
And because the country is now going to start treating us like human
beings." —Aaron Belkin, founder and director of the Palm Center, a
research institute focusing on "don't ask, don't tell" at the University
of California, Santa Barbara
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6