"Poo-Poo" Pastor Charged With Blackmail
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 24 2010 4:25 PM ET
Martin Ssempa, the Ugandan pastor who incites LGBT hatred by telling congregants that gay people eat feces, has been charged with blackmailing another pastor.
Ssempa is one of eight antigay Christian activists accused of paying a man to falsely claim another pastor, Robert Kayanjay, sodomized him. No evidence was found to verify the claim and the charges of sodomy were taken back. “In retracting their statements, the complainants said they had been mobilised to make false accusations against Pastor Kayanja in order to tarnish his name,” reads a report.
Read more here.
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 55 min 9 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 1 hour 39 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 1 hour 57 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 2 hours 10 min ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 2 hours 31 min ago
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 2 hours 50 min ago
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 2 hours 57 min ago