Reichen Is Not a "Vapid Queen"
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 28 2010 2:55 PM ET
A-List star Reichen Lehmkuhl is none too pleased that an editor for New York’s gay nightlife guide Next Magazine called him and boyfriend Rodiney Santiago “vapid queens,” sending an e-mail to the editor and likening his words to “bullying.”
In calling the Logo reality series one of the worst shows of 2010, Next editor Dan Avery wrote, “The ‘reality’ show everyone loved to hate probably cancelled out 100 ‘It Gets Better’ videos with its cringe-worthy depictions of Reichen, Rodiney and the other vapid queens trying to impress upon viewers why they're important.”
The blurb was picked up by Village Voice columnist Michael Musto and read by Lehmkuhl, who fired off an e-mail to Avery that the editor then sent to Gawker.
Lehmkuhl wrote, “I don't appreciate your bullying words. You can save your 'vapid queens' comment for, well, no one. I can't even imagine speaking this way about other human beings. That you would reduce my existence to someone who is a 'vapid queen' says more about what you don't know about me, along with the kind of person you must be. Is this seriously how a 'senior editor' at a magazine talks about people?”
Read the e-mail in its entirety here.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 45 min 2 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 10 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 15 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 38 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 41 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 43 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 46 min ago