Chris Brown's Homophobic Twitter Feud
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2010 1:20 PM ET
Singer Chris Brown (pictured, left) and former R&B group B2K member De'Mario Thornton (Raz-B, pictured right) exchanged homophobic slurs in a several-hour-long Twitter feud Wednesday.
Thornton tweeted, "I'm just sittin here Thinking how can n—-s like @ebenet & @ChrisBrown disrespect women as Intelligent as @HalleBerry11 [and] @Rihanna," referencing Eric Benet, Halle Berry, and Rihanna. Brown quickly responded with his own tweet: "@razb2k, n—- you want attention! Grow up n—-!!! D— in da booty a– lil boy."
The ensuing exchange Brown ridiculed Thornton's accusations of molestation by an ex-manager, and Thornton accused Brown of being closeted. Brown apologized for his homophobic slurs.
Read the full story here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations