Chick-fil-A Goes Antigay ... Again
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2011 1:45 PM ET
Nationwide fast food chain Chick-fil-A has thrown its support behind “The Art of Marriage,” a series of antigay marriage conferences being held next month in south-central Pennsylvania.
On February 11 and 12, the Pennsylvania Family Institute and Chick-fil-A will sponsor two events, designed to “help couples apply what the Bible teaches about marriage in a powerful way,” according to GoodAsYou.org.
Chick-fil-A is backing events in Harrisburg and Reading, and while promotional materials for the events aren’t specifically antigay, the Family Institute is Pennsylvania’s largest antigay, anti–marriage equality group.
This isn’t the first time the restaurant chain has been taken to task for its support of antigay groups. In 2009, Change.org reported Chick-fil-A had supported Focus on the Family.
That group, founded by the Reverend James Dobson, supports reparative therapy programs and has donated hundreds of thousand of dollars to passing antigay legislation.
A representative for Chick-fil-A tweeted on Tuesday that the company was looking into the sponsorship and would release a statement shortly.
Watch a video promoting “The Art of Marriage.”
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 1 hour 17 min ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM