Glenn Close Slams Antigay Navy Vid
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2011 7:15 PM ET
Glenn Close is deeply offended by her appearance in a raunchy antigay video made by a high-ranking Naval officer and shown to troops on the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise.
Close issued the following statement to The Washington Post: "I am distraught that my image has been used to perpetuate something that I abhor. The cynical, unauthorized use of my image in this video is deeply offensive and insulting, and was the result of a seemingly innocent request of me during a visit to the aircraft carrier over four years ago."
The video surfaced Saturday and features simulated sex and antigay slurs. The videos were made by Capt. Owen Honors and shown aboard the carrier in 2006 and 2007 while he was second in command.
Honors commanded the carrier until Tuesday, when he was permanently removed from his post.
Close appears near the end of the video while holding a stuffed parrot directly following a shot of condoms and lube.
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 18 min 8 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 23 min 11 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 46 min 9 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 48 min 24 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 50 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 53 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 2 hours 1 min ago