Glenn Close Slams Antigay Navy Vid
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2011 7:15 PM ET
Glenn Close is deeply offended by her appearance in a raunchy antigay video made by a high-ranking Naval officer and shown to troops on the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise.
Close issued the following statement to The Washington Post: "I am distraught that my image has been used to perpetuate something that I abhor. The cynical, unauthorized use of my image in this video is deeply offensive and insulting, and was the result of a seemingly innocent request of me during a visit to the aircraft carrier over four years ago."
The video surfaced Saturday and features simulated sex and antigay slurs. The videos were made by Capt. Owen Honors and shown aboard the carrier in 2006 and 2007 while he was second in command.
Honors commanded the carrier until Tuesday, when he was permanently removed from his post.
Close appears near the end of the video while holding a stuffed parrot directly following a shot of condoms and lube.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un