Bening Wins Best Actress for
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2011 10:05 PM ET
Annette Bening won the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical for her turn as a lesbian mother in The Kids Are All Right.
Bening thanked her movie partner and fellow nominee, Julianne Moore, and the film's out director and coscreenwriter, Lisa Choldenko.
Bening plays half of a couple (alongside Moore) whose happy home life is upset by the unexpected arrival of their sperm donor, played by Mark Ruffalo.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win