Bening Wins Best Actress for
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2011 10:05 PM ET
Annette Bening won the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical for her turn as a lesbian mother in The Kids Are All Right.
Bening thanked her movie partner and fellow nominee, Julianne Moore, and the film's out director and coscreenwriter, Lisa Choldenko.
Bening plays half of a couple (alongside Moore) whose happy home life is upset by the unexpected arrival of their sperm donor, played by Mark Ruffalo.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'