Bening Wins Best Actress for
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2011 10:05 PM ET
Annette Bening won the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical for her turn as a lesbian mother in The Kids Are All Right.
Bening thanked her movie partner and fellow nominee, Julianne Moore, and the film's out director and coscreenwriter, Lisa Choldenko.
Bening plays half of a couple (alongside Moore) whose happy home life is upset by the unexpected arrival of their sperm donor, played by Mark Ruffalo.
- Truly Social Networking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 17 min 19 sec ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 1 hour 16 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 2 hours 17 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM