Bening Wins Best Actress for
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2011 9:05 PM ET
Annette Bening won the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy or musical for her turn as a lesbian mother in The Kids Are All Right.
Bening thanked her movie partner and fellow nominee, Julianne Moore, and the film's out director and coscreenwriter, Lisa Choldenko.
Bening plays half of a couple (alongside Moore) whose happy home life is upset by the unexpected arrival of their sperm donor, played by Mark Ruffalo.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates