Is Apple's New Honcho Gay?
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 20 2011 6:35 PM ET
CEO Steve Jobs has taken an indefinite leave from Apple and, according to Valleywag, the man filling his shoes is gay. Apple COO Tim Cook has been described as a “lifelong bachelor” and “intensely private” by other media outlets, but Valleywag says it has confirmed through “two well-placed sources” that he is gay.
Reports Valleywag: “One tech executive who has spoken to multiple Apple management veterans about Cook was told executives there would support Cook if he publicly acknowledged his orientation, and even would encourage him to do so as he steps up his leadership role, but that they also had concerns about whether his coming out would impact the perception of the Apple brand.
The blog goes on to say that Cook would be the most powerful openly gay person in the tech world, followed by Microsoft’s head of HR, Lisa Brummel and Megan Smith, Google’s vice president of business development.
Read the full report here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown