Stephanie Tanner Is Waiting for Marriage Equality
BY Michelle Garcia
January 20 2011 3:05 PM ET
Jodie Sweetin, who played Full House's wisecracking middle child Stephanie Tanner, is engaged to be married, but her fiancé proclaimed that they won't exchange vows until gay and lesbian couples can too.
Morty Coyle wrote on Twitter on Wednesday that he "is in Love with My Fiance and Waiting for Marriage Equality for All!!!" He also told People magazine that they are planning to marry only when same-sex couples can, but he proposed with the rationale that "just because we weren't married doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a ring."
Sweetin, 29, gave birth to their daughter, Beatrix, in August.
- Broadway Bares Gets Naked for the 25th Time
- 16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
- WATCH: The Gays Are Recruiting, Warns Pat Robertson
- PHOTOS: The Bare Truths of Trans Men
- Op-ed: A 13-Year-Old, the Minnesota Governor, and LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Funny or Die Envisions Parental Response to Josh Duggar's Sex Abuse Scandal