Stephanie Tanner Is Waiting for Marriage Equality
BY Michelle Garcia
January 20 2011 2:05 PM ET
Jodie Sweetin, who played Full House's wisecracking middle child Stephanie Tanner, is engaged to be married, but her fiancé proclaimed that they won't exchange vows until gay and lesbian couples can too.
Morty Coyle wrote on Twitter on Wednesday that he "is in Love with My Fiance and Waiting for Marriage Equality for All!!!" He also told People magazine that they are planning to marry only when same-sex couples can, but he proposed with the rationale that "just because we weren't married doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a ring."
Sweetin, 29, gave birth to their daughter, Beatrix, in August.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 1 hour 39 min ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 2 hours 10 min ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM