Stephanie Tanner Is Waiting for Marriage Equality
BY Michelle Garcia
January 20 2011 3:05 PM ET
Jodie Sweetin, who played Full House's wisecracking middle child Stephanie Tanner, is engaged to be married, but her fiancé proclaimed that they won't exchange vows until gay and lesbian couples can too.
Morty Coyle wrote on Twitter on Wednesday that he "is in Love with My Fiance and Waiting for Marriage Equality for All!!!" He also told People magazine that they are planning to marry only when same-sex couples can, but he proposed with the rationale that "just because we weren't married doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a ring."
Sweetin, 29, gave birth to their daughter, Beatrix, in August.
- A Letter to My Partners
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 24 min 5 sec ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 39 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM