Dan Savage Lands MTV Pilot
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 2:55 PM ET
It Gets Better creator Dan Savage is working on an advice show pilot for MTV, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Writes EW: “MTV has ordered a pilot that follows Savage as he tours college campuses giving his brand of brutally honest (and sometimes graphic) sex and relationship advice. In the format, Savage takes questions from an auditorium audience (similar to his recently completed college tour).”
Long known for his advice column Savage Love, Dan Savage has long appeared as a guest and commentator on a number of television news and talk shows, but this will be his first high-profile series.
His It Gets Better campaign, aimed at preventing suicide among LGBT teens, attracted the attention of numerous high-profile celebs in 2010 and landed editorial coverage on MTV.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 29 min 43 sec ago
- Health News AIDS Deaths Plummet In Africa 32 min 39 sec ago
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 43 min 7 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 55 min 45 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 1 hour 4 min ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 46 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 2 hours 3 min ago