Dan Savage Lands MTV Pilot
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 2:55 PM ET
It Gets Better creator Dan Savage is working on an advice show pilot for MTV, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Writes EW: “MTV has ordered a pilot that follows Savage as he tours college campuses giving his brand of brutally honest (and sometimes graphic) sex and relationship advice. In the format, Savage takes questions from an auditorium audience (similar to his recently completed college tour).”
Long known for his advice column Savage Love, Dan Savage has long appeared as a guest and commentator on a number of television news and talk shows, but this will be his first high-profile series.
His It Gets Better campaign, aimed at preventing suicide among LGBT teens, attracted the attention of numerous high-profile celebs in 2010 and landed editorial coverage on MTV.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman