Dan Savage Lands MTV Pilot
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 24 2011 2:55 PM ET
It Gets Better creator Dan Savage is working on an advice show pilot for MTV, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Writes EW: “MTV has ordered a pilot that follows Savage as he tours college campuses giving his brand of brutally honest (and sometimes graphic) sex and relationship advice. In the format, Savage takes questions from an auditorium audience (similar to his recently completed college tour).”
Long known for his advice column Savage Love, Dan Savage has long appeared as a guest and commentator on a number of television news and talk shows, but this will be his first high-profile series.
His It Gets Better campaign, aimed at preventing suicide among LGBT teens, attracted the attention of numerous high-profile celebs in 2010 and landed editorial coverage on MTV.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 1 hour 30 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM