Fighting NOM in N.H.
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2011 9:20 PM ET
California-based gay activist Fred Karger (pictured) has produced a marriage equality commercial for New Hampshire, a state the National Organization for Marriage is targeting in its efforts to end same-sex nuptials.
The commercial, which began airing Thursday in the Granite State, aims to portray NOM as a hate group that helped repeal marriage equality in California and Maine by spreading lies.
"The National Organization for Marriage is coming to New Hampshire," Karger warns in the commercial. "[NOM] is going to lie to you. They will say they are here to protect the sanctity of marriage — they're not. They're here to demonize gay people. Don't let them destroy one more life, cause one more teen suicide."
Watch the video below. Click here to learn more about Karger, who has indicated an interest in running for president in 2012.
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Colorado Springs Grindr Hookup Ends in Murder
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes