Fighting NOM in N.H.
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2011 8:20 PM ET
California-based gay activist Fred Karger (pictured) has produced a marriage equality commercial for New Hampshire, a state the National Organization for Marriage is targeting in its efforts to end same-sex nuptials.
The commercial, which began airing Thursday in the Granite State, aims to portray NOM as a hate group that helped repeal marriage equality in California and Maine by spreading lies.
"The National Organization for Marriage is coming to New Hampshire," Karger warns in the commercial. "[NOM] is going to lie to you. They will say they are here to protect the sanctity of marriage — they're not. They're here to demonize gay people. Don't let them destroy one more life, cause one more teen suicide."
Watch the video below. Click here to learn more about Karger, who has indicated an interest in running for president in 2012.
- Texas Marriage Plaintiffs: Lift Ban Immediately
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Hollywood Chick-fil-A Hosts LGBT Fundraiser
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations