Fighting NOM in N.H.
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2011 9:20 PM ET
California-based gay activist Fred Karger (pictured) has produced a marriage equality commercial for New Hampshire, a state the National Organization for Marriage is targeting in its efforts to end same-sex nuptials.
The commercial, which began airing Thursday in the Granite State, aims to portray NOM as a hate group that helped repeal marriage equality in California and Maine by spreading lies.
"The National Organization for Marriage is coming to New Hampshire," Karger warns in the commercial. "[NOM] is going to lie to you. They will say they are here to protect the sanctity of marriage — they're not. They're here to demonize gay people. Don't let them destroy one more life, cause one more teen suicide."
Watch the video below. Click here to learn more about Karger, who has indicated an interest in running for president in 2012.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'