Fighting NOM in N.H.
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2011 9:20 PM ET
California-based gay activist Fred Karger (pictured) has produced a marriage equality commercial for New Hampshire, a state the National Organization for Marriage is targeting in its efforts to end same-sex nuptials.
The commercial, which began airing Thursday in the Granite State, aims to portray NOM as a hate group that helped repeal marriage equality in California and Maine by spreading lies.
"The National Organization for Marriage is coming to New Hampshire," Karger warns in the commercial. "[NOM] is going to lie to you. They will say they are here to protect the sanctity of marriage — they're not. They're here to demonize gay people. Don't let them destroy one more life, cause one more teen suicide."
Watch the video below. Click here to learn more about Karger, who has indicated an interest in running for president in 2012.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 16 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 16 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM