Bragman Slams Bush for Political Expediency
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 02 2011 11:10 AM ET
Publicist Howard Bragman, who has orchestrated celebrity coming
outs, attacked the Bush family for “political expediency” following the
appearance of young Barbara Bush in a marriage equality ad.
The twin daughter of former president George W. Bush and Laura Bush announced her support this week in a video for the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality series from the Human Rights Campaign.
Joy Behar asked about the video Tuesday on her show, where Bragman was a guest.
“This really irks me,” he said about the softening views of the family members. “If they truly believe in their heart for biblical or whatever stupid reasons in this homophobia, good for them. But they’re all acknowledging it was just political expediency. Kids were killing themselves. Kids were being bullied. They did real damage, and I hope there’s a special place in hell for those people, I really do.”
Bragman suggested his ire also extends to President Barack Obama for his “evolving” position on marriage equality.
Watch the clip.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM