Christ Like Gaga Atop Runyon Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2011 1:45 PM ET
Publicists for Lady Gaga say they had nothing to do with a Christ-like image of the pop star that appeared a top Los Angeles’ Runyon Canyon in advance of the Grammy Awards on Friday.
People who frequent the popular Hollywood hiking and jogging trails were greeted with the gigantic painting of Gaga Friday morning.
"Here is what I stumbled up on during my morning jog before work," tipster Alexis Zimmer said in an e-mail to NBC Los Angeles.
"I took pictures of what looks like an gigantic painting of Lady Gaga with a crown of thorns on her head with blood. The painting is laying flat all the way on top of the hill near by the benches..."
By 2:45 pm, aerial shots showed authorities removing the painting. Gaga’s publicist said their camp was unaware of the painting, which was the work of artist Castro.
Castro wrote in an email to NBC: "Hollywood, where stars are worshipped today, just to be crucified tomorrow. ...The idea behind the painting goes beyond Gaga and way beyond religion."
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Boston: Major Beer Sponsor Pulls Out of St. Pat's Parade
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples 4:14 PM