Christ Like Gaga Atop Runyon Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2011 12:45 PM ET
Publicists for Lady Gaga say they had nothing to do with a Christ-like image of the pop star that appeared a top Los Angeles’ Runyon Canyon in advance of the Grammy Awards on Friday.
People who frequent the popular Hollywood hiking and jogging trails were greeted with the gigantic painting of Gaga Friday morning.
"Here is what I stumbled up on during my morning jog before work," tipster Alexis Zimmer said in an e-mail to NBC Los Angeles.
"I took pictures of what looks like an gigantic painting of Lady Gaga with a crown of thorns on her head with blood. The painting is laying flat all the way on top of the hill near by the benches..."
By 2:45 pm, aerial shots showed authorities removing the painting. Gaga’s publicist said their camp was unaware of the painting, which was the work of artist Castro.
Castro wrote in an email to NBC: "Hollywood, where stars are worshipped today, just to be crucified tomorrow. ...The idea behind the painting goes beyond Gaga and way beyond religion."
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 11 min 34 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 43 min 40 sec ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 52 min 39 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 1 hour 9 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 1 hour 51 min ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 4:28 PM