Gay Guinness Kiss Record Broken
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 14 2011 8:50 PM ET
It looks like college students Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello won't be getting their place in the new Guinness Book of World Records after all.
The New Jersey students broke the world record for longest kiss when the two friends locked lips for more than 33 hours in September. But that record appears to have been broken by a straight couple who won a Valentine's Day–themed kissing contest in Thailand.
Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat of Bangkok reportedly kissed for more than 46 hours in an oceanside shopping mall in Pattaya. Fourteen couples entered the contest, which kicked off Sunday at 6 a.m.
One gay couple took part in the contest. The winners not only claimed a new world record, they took home a diamond ring worth 50,000 Thai baht ($1,606), and a 100,000-baht ($3,213) cash prize.
Matty and Bobby's kiss had yet to be included in the world records book. The current official world record is a 32-hour kiss, set in 2009 by a couple in German.
"Looks like we won't be getting our spot in the next Guinness Book, but mad props to these two for achieving something even more fantastic than we were able to do at the time," Daley and Canciello wrote on their Facebook page, Matty and Bobby Kiss.
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue
- WATCH: Catholic School Tells Trans Teen 'Wear Girl's Gown or Don't Walk at Graduation'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Pro-Marriage Equality Ill. Republican Won't Seek State Party Chairmanship 21 min 33 sec ago
- Women Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship 27 min 37 sec ago
- Theater What Does Jane Lynch Have in Common with Miss Hannigan, Her Role in Broadway's Annie? 34 min 11 sec ago
- Women Chely Wright and Lauren Blitzer Welcome Twins 38 min 11 sec ago
- Health News Calcium Bad, Cinnamon Good, PreP Fails: Baffling Health News 1 hour 7 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Coming Out HIV-Positive in the Comic Book Store 1 hour 10 min ago
- Transgender WATCH: Catholic School Won't Let Trans Grad Wear Men's Garb 1 hour 34 min ago