Motor City Pride Moves to Detroit
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2011 10:40 AM ET
The annual Motor City Pride festival plans to move from Ferndale to downtown Detroit this year and to expand from one day of celebration to two.
According to the Detroit Free Press, after a 10-year run in Ferndale, “Organizers say the move from Ferndale to Hart Plaza will allow the June 4-5 Motor City Pride festival to draw a larger crowd and expand to two days.”
The festival, which turns 25 this year, wanted to accommodate more people and to expand its activities across two days.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM