Producer Dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 18 2011 9:25 PM ET
The 39-year-old executive producer of the Chronicles of Narnia trilogy was found dead by his partner Thursday, and drugs are suspected as the cause of death.
Perry Moore was discovered unconscious by partner Hunter Hill in the bathroom of their New York City condominium. Moore was pronounced dead shortly after emergency personnel arrived at the SoHo residence. Nothing is confirmed regarding Moore's death, but sources told the New York Daily News that an overdose of OxyContin is suspected.
Moore's Narnia movies have grossed over $1.5 billion. Moore was also the author of Hero, the Lambda Award-winning novel about a gay adolescent superhero. At one point, Showtime considered a television adaptation of the novel.
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 2 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 2 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 47 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM