Producer Dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 18 2011 8:25 PM ET
The 39-year-old executive producer of the Chronicles of Narnia trilogy was found dead by his partner Thursday, and drugs are suspected as the cause of death.
Perry Moore was discovered unconscious by partner Hunter Hill in the bathroom of their New York City condominium. Moore was pronounced dead shortly after emergency personnel arrived at the SoHo residence. Nothing is confirmed regarding Moore's death, but sources told the New York Daily News that an overdose of OxyContin is suspected.
Moore's Narnia movies have grossed over $1.5 billion. Moore was also the author of Hero, the Lambda Award-winning novel about a gay adolescent superhero. At one point, Showtime considered a television adaptation of the novel.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 7 min 47 sec ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 16 min 19 sec ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 41 min 23 sec ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 44 min 23 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 1 hour 17 min ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 1 hour 21 min ago
- Parenting Northern Ireland Lifts Ban on Same-Sex Couples Adopting 1 hour 47 min ago