Producer Dead at 39
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 18 2011 9:25 PM ET
The 39-year-old executive producer of the Chronicles of Narnia trilogy was found dead by his partner Thursday, and drugs are suspected as the cause of death.
Perry Moore was discovered unconscious by partner Hunter Hill in the bathroom of their New York City condominium. Moore was pronounced dead shortly after emergency personnel arrived at the SoHo residence. Nothing is confirmed regarding Moore's death, but sources told the New York Daily News that an overdose of OxyContin is suspected.
Moore's Narnia movies have grossed over $1.5 billion. Moore was also the author of Hero, the Lambda Award-winning novel about a gay adolescent superhero. At one point, Showtime considered a television adaptation of the novel.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM