Perez Raffles Bieber's Hair for Charity
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 08 2011 8:15 PM ET
Blogger Perez Hilton continues to make good on his promise to be more altruistic by raffling off locks of teen idol Justin Bieber's hair at his birthday party-fundraiser for gay teenagers.
In an exclusive comment to The Advocate, Hilton elaborates on his effort to raise money for Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network, an organization that strives to effect positive changes in schools.
"It really is better to give than to receive," Hilton says. "Instead of presents or well-wishes, this year for my birthday I want to help raise as much money as possible for GLSEN. Their work is important and needed. Of all the nonprofits I could have chosen, I felt it was very important for me to support an LGBT org, and especially one helping queer youth. It's only fitting, then, that I was able to get arguably the most famous young person on the planet to help the cause. Justin Bieber has donated some of his locks from his recent haircut, and I'm going to pick a winner at random this week. It doesn't matter if you donate $10 or $10,000. Give whatever you can, and a little piece of Bieber could be yours. Just go to Crowdrise.com/PerezBirthday to donate now. Plus, the top three people who donate the most by March 23 will be guaranteed admission for themselves and a guest to my big birthday bash on March 26 in Los Angeles. I'm just doing my part, as we all should."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM